May 25, 2022
eBPF is one of
the most interesting emerging technologies in the area of
observability, networking and security. On the 44th episode of the
Virtual Stack Podcast, Moustafa Harbi (Sr. Technical Account
Manager at Red Hat) and I have a chat about this technology and its
use cases in today's enterprise IT industry.
- 00:00 - Intros
- 01:30 - What's eBPF in a nutshell?
- 06:40 - What can eBPF offer us?
- 12:30 - In what language or on what framework do we write eBPF
- 14:20 - What are the use cases of eBPF in an enterprise
- 21:30 - Do eBPF programs create any load on system CPU or
- 23:00 - How do we use eBPF on an enterprise-wide scale?
- 24:45 - What's Cilium and what's its relationship with
- 30:30 - What do you think about the future of eBPF and Cilium?
Can they change the way we do networking?
- 35:00 - How can we start learning about eBPF?
- 39:00 - Closing notes